Fruit Salad

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Top Model

America's Next Top Model Season 3 premiered on Monday at 7:30 PM and I was so psyched. I've been a fan since the second season and I felt the current selection paled compared to the previous season. They chose girls who were ultra skinny (except for one), but a majority didn't have the look. Most of them couldn't move in front of the camera either. It's still too early though and I'm sure they will only get better.

I'm rooting for Yaya.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jay Manuel, the director of photo shoots for Top Model said that 80% of Yaya's shots could be used. That percentage is high... very high actually. I could compare it to Cedric Sandez who looks good in any angle. I was looking for a photo of Yaya to share, but I was afraid I would find out the eventual winner, and guess what... I did. Bummer! It turns out, however, that Yaya made it to the top two.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

The winner wins a contract with Ford Models, a $100,000 campaign with Cover Girl, and a spread in Elle Magazine. Incidentally, we have one Filipina who has a contract with Ford, Verns Buckley.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another reason why I love watching Top Model...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photographer Nigel Barker

4 Comments:

  • bakla, kaya di na nalo si yaya kasi muka syang yaya! hahahaha!

    By Blogger A Fleeting Soul, at 5:48 PM  

  • hahaha... I only look good in my photos 1% of the time. Kainez! There goes my dilusions of becoming ICON's next top model :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 PM  

  • grabi ate verns ang ganda mo talaga...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 PM  

  • d best ka tlaga ate verns...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home