Fruit Salad

Friday, November 04, 2005

Delivery Boy

I spent the entire day yesterday meeting ICON’s suppliera, contributors, and advertisers because Richie, Angelo and I were delivering complimentary copies of the Invasion issue. For Richie, Angelo, and Xochi, this wasn’t a new experience because they do this after the release of every issue. Like a true Managing Editor, I spend most of my ICON time in the office, pulling out, shooting, meeting with our soon-to-be-famous Creative Director I-van, or closing page.

The long holiday was perfect because I was able to visit the Bench office, L’Oréal, Rustan’s, and ABS-CBN Talent Center to name a few (we also went to New Thinkers, Wolfpac, and OMD). I was finally able to put faces on people I interact with only on the phone or through email. I got to meet Shu Uemura’s Tessa Dragon, Kiehl’s Dione Cotoco, L’Oréal’s Andrew Tan and Prestige International’s Senior Product Manager Carlo Timoteo. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to meet Lacôme’s Zerl Chan. I also finally got to meet Bench’s Ana Pia Reyes and RCC’s Iñigo de Paula who was very very kind during the production of the current issue. Our last stop was ABS-CBN where I met Rafael Rosell’s handler Janice Damasco.

After visiting all the offices I came up with two realizations. I realized how different their lives are from mine even if we belong to one really small industry. And, I also realized that I LOVE what I’m doing and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home