Fruit Salad

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Officemates

I've been working for Portfolio for two and half years now and I've always expressed my desire to work with people my age. If you're familiar with the Portfolio staff, you'll know that more senior employees dominate the company. I've longed for days when I could hang out with friends after work and talk about office gossip. After some waiting, I finally have Kate and Pam.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With the workload at Portfolio though, we have about six to eight cigarette breaks to really talk. Lately, I've been bothering Kate to have dinner because we've only really hung out once since she entered Portfolio. Plus, I know she has tons to tell me. Pam and I, on the other hand, have hung out at places like Saguijo and Government, but she or I don't end up staying long because... um, we enjoy different things.

Recently, we've been hanging out quite a bit and that makes me very happy. We had a really good time at Raymund's Birthday dinner in the studio. Kate and Pam watched the volleyball Grand Prix with me on separate days over the weekend and just two nights ago we had dinner and drinks at Haiku and Nuvo with L.A. Lopez. It was a lot of fun.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

What I love about these girls is that we have enough common things to carry long conversations and at the same time, we also have differences that allow us to learn from each other. I've never told them how important they are to me not only because of the friendship, but also because they can tell me exactly what's wrong with me. I have few friends that can tell me that.

I love it that they can tell me I'm not direct when I should be or that I spend on unnecessary things or that my accessory isn't working. I also love the fact that we can be serious, bitchy, and wacky, and more importantly I love it that we watch out for each other.

I love these girls to bits.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • I love you too Suki. If you die, I will cry. And that's how I know I love you.

    By Blogger A Fleeting Soul, at 12:45 PM  

  • so sweeet. i'm glad you are enjoying having pam around, she is a gem that i am always thankful came in to my life as well :)

    By Blogger Cat Juan, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home