Fruit Salad

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

You're Fat

I always feel for those girl (and guys) who end up having an eating disorder because of those nasty people that tell them they are fat. It was Richard's birthday last Friday so the "it" gay couples Angelo, Xochi, Richie and I headed over to Frisco in Quezon City for the party. We saw some friends we hadn't seen in a looong time. Funny thing, one of them had already given birth... that's how long we hadn't seen these people.

Anyway, one of our friends arrived and the first thing she said to me was "You're so fat! You keep getting fatter and fatter every time I see you!"

I have never ever felt so offended in a long time. The way she delivered those words was something else. Considering I'm on a no-coke-diet and considering I'm going to mesotherapy treatments, and... considering I lost one inch in two weeks, I thought I didn't look that bad. So what if I was wearing a really tight striped green shirt. I always wear tight shirts. Anway, I gave her the most evil look and told her "I'm not talking to you." She thought I wasn't serious because I've never had issues with this girl. She, on the other hand, has more issues than everyone on the Icon staff board, combined.

Unfortunately, that comment ruined my night. I felt bad because I was in the pissiest of all moods. I was being a brat cos I wasn't laughing whenever Richie cracked jokes. He made all these funny jokes and I didn't even savor it all because of this nasty friend of mine. I'm sorry bunnee.

To top it all off, she took one of the tickets I gave Mate who was dying to attend the Big Fish event the following day. Totally not deserving.

4 Comments:

  • Friend, don't let it affect you. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL... in everything that counts...even physically. Everything is going your way. Don't let that little snag ruin your mood.

    Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 AM  

  • Just surfed in. Thanks for watching “Once on This Island” and I’m really glad you enjoyed it. We have a restaging Aug 5-14 still at the RCBC Plaza. We have reduced ticket prices starting at 300 pesos and can offer group discounts. If you need more information, you can contact me, Hendri at 0917 815 5794 or email hendrison.go@gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

  • Darling....

    It's just that your friend doesn't understand.... I AM FAT, you are NOT... hehehehe

    I think I am back to blogging... I am trying to use it as the way to provide my downtime. Let's see how it works

    By Blogger LiberalArts, at 10:48 AM  

  • you're NOT fat!!! You should have stabbed her with an olive fork. and alvin's right, you're BEAUTIFUL.


    On the lighter side, more issues than the icon staff combined is a whole ton of issues. mwehehehe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home