Fruit Salad

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Favorite Book

I love joining Friendster and those "fu-me-friendster" online facilities, but what I don't like is filling out those about me fields. I can never think of the right thing to say about me. But what I hate more is filling out the Favorite Book fields because A. I don't have a favorite book, and B. It's embarassing to not have a favorite book because it connotes that you don't read (who doesn't read and admits it... me!). My excuse is, there are those who love books, but I'm one of the many who loves magazines. I get excited when I see models, fashion editorials, stunning ads, and great layouts. Truth is, I have a short attention span and my mind wanders when I'm in the middle of text heavy pages.

So, Pam walks in to work one day and says, "Suki!" and puts a book in front of my face, "This is my life story." Nice title, I thought. The book she flashed was The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. She ends up finishing it in less than a week, but never really tells me anything after.

After about a week or two, we shoot Icon's fashion editorial. L.A. Lopez, the new up-and-coming stylist according to me quotes a line from the book. At this point, I was clueless. Again, because I don't read. Anyway, Sunday comes along and while I was looking through my brothers stuff, I find the book lying around. I started reading and boy I couldn't put it down. It was a little over 300 pages and it took me exactly a week to finish it. That is pretty good considering I don't have time to buy my mom a pair of loafers she's been asking for in weeks.

The story is close to home not only because it reminded me of Pam, but it also brought me back to New York where it all takes place. It's about a fresh graduate who becomes the assistant of the uber-bitch editor in chief of the best fashion magazine. Uh, Prada as a title and magazine talk... totally up my alley.

I tell Angelo, our associate editor, and he says "Yeah, I read it last year." Of course, I'm like ten years behind when it comes to good books. Anyway, i'm about to start reading another book Confessions of A Shopaholic courtesy of Angelo.

Favorite Book: Chick Lit

Can I get any fruitier than that?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad that you enjoyed "The Devil Wears Prada". Why haven't I thought of asking you to read it when I was done with it? :bop: Angelo. Hahaha!

    I hope you enjoy "Confessions of a Shopaholic". It's totally hilarious as well.

    Hey, when you go to Paris and Milan, I want photos of the Dior, Chanel and Prada headquarters ah. Seriously.

    In a Miranda tone, "Cheers, Suuuukkkiiihhh!!!"

    Hehehe!

    By Blogger Clayman, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home