Fruit Salad

Friday, November 04, 2005

Pasta & Tea With L. Lo

I spent a late lunch with L.A. Lopez today in Alabang because I wanted to give him a copy of the Invasion issue and his tear sheets for the Film Strip editorial which he styled. I always like going to Alabang even if it’s quite a drive because the atmosphere is a great break from Makati and the ride makes for my favorite pastime—billboard analysis. I finally got to see the PAC billboard of Bruna that I did. It was interesting. But, what was more striking for me was the new F&H billboard of Claudine. I was disappointed at the photo selection because there was so many nice photos during that shoot that was more... well, billboard worthy.

Anyway, L.A. and I ate at our usual spot--Cibo Alabang Town Center. I had bolognese on linguine; he ate a tuna sandwich and we both drank mint iced tea. After lunch and maybe five cigarettes each, we had some afternoon tea--Camomile and Peppermint. It was a lot of fun. As he put it, it was an afternoon of pasta and tea with a side order of intrigue and chismis. Very very entertaining and a great break from my usual routine.

L.A. is probably one of my favorite stylists right after Gerry Santos because his taste is very similar to mine. This is his second editorial with ICON and I'm sure you'll see more of his work in future issues. This kid is someone you should watch out for, he's another hyphenate. A writer, stylist and personal shopper.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

  • "No Charge Online Advertising Channels For Any Business"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home